What is new?
It specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system and includes guidance for use. It offers a single, clear framework for all organizations wishing to improve their OH&S performance. Directed at the top management of an organization, it aims to provide a safe and healthy workplace for employees and visitors. To achieve this, it is crucial to control all factors that might result in illness, injury, and in extreme cases death, by mitigating adverse effects on the physical, mental and cognitive condition of a person – and ISO 45001 covers all of those aspects
Who is this standard for?
Any organization, regardless of its size, type and activities that wants to:
1.Establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate or minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities
2.Continually improve its OH&S performance and the achievement of its OH&S objectives
3.Assure itself of conformity with its OH&S policy
4.Demonstrate conformity with the requirements of the standard.
What is the difference between OHSAS and ISO 45001?
There are many differences, but the main change is that ISO 45001 concentrates on the interaction between an organization and its business environment while OHSAS 18001 was focused on managing OH&S hazards and other internal issues. But the standards also diverge in many other ways:
1.ISO 45001 is process-based – OHSAS 18001 is procedure-based
2.This standard replaces OHSAS 18001:2007, an OH&S management system standard developed by a smaller group of international experts outside of ISO.
3.ISO 45001 is dynamic in all clauses – OHSAS 18001 is not
4.ISO 45001 considers both risk and opportunities – OHSAS 18001 deals exclusively with risk
ISO 45001 includes the views of interested parties – OHSAS 18001 does not
It’s different because it adopts the High Level Structure used in the other key management systems standards. In addition it increases the emphasis on:
- 1.Leadership and the need for those at the top to lead by example and be held accountable for OH&S performance
- 2.Consultation with and involvement of workers in making sure the OH&S management system covers all necessary areas and communicates effectively with everyone involved
- 3.Designing an OH&S management system to suit the needs of each organization individually according to its own context
Why should you use ISO 45001 certification standard?
- It tackles a global need to improve the occupational health and safety of people working in organizations
- It enables organizations to provide safe and healthy working conditions that prevent work-related injury and ill health, and proactively improve the organization’s OH&S performance
- It includes how to develop and implement an OH&S policy and objectives which take into account applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes
- It takes into account factors such as the context in which the organization operates and the needs and expectations of its workers and other interested parties
- It is designed to align with other key management systems standards such as ISO 9001 quality management and ISO 14001 environmental management for ease of integration.
How to get ISO 45001:2018 Standard?
It is similar to any other certification standards, IAS can help you in clearing your doubts, upgrading Changing over from existing certification OHSAS 18001 standards / obtain a fresh ISO 45001 certification.
Kindly follow this certification procedure to get more clarity
For detail discussion over phone or in-person, kindly contact our executives through Mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile:+91 9962590571 / 9600051938