What is BRC Certification?
BRC Certification is certification of food and beverage safety by the British Retail Consortium (BRC). Compliance with BRC Certification in India is an international benchmark for safe food manufacturing. The certifications cover many of the internationally recognized food safety standards, such as ISO 22000:2018, HACCP and SQF Code 2001 zonal benchmarks.
BRC Technical Standards specify requirements to be met by an organization to enable the production, packaging, storage, and distribution of safe food and consumer products.
What is BRC Certification and its coverage?
A BRC certification is critical since it ensures that specific quality, safety, and operational standards are met, as well as that manufacturers fulfill their legal responsibilities and provide protection to the end buyer.
BRC Certification in India (British Retail Consortium)
IAS provides BRC Certification in India and other countries (BRC) against the BRC Technical Standard for companies supplying food products.
IAS awards the BRC certification in India based on the documented quality management system that is recognized by the British Retail Consortium. The certification is awarded after individuals check the documentation submitted by the organization for compliance against the set standards/criteria. The criteria are periodically updated providing an impetus to organizations to upgrade their systems.
BRC Certificate is valid for 3 years. The most important part of the BRC Certification is to ensure that all the products are manufactured in an environment that complies with HACCP. It also ensures that all the stakeholders in the supply chain (including farmers, exporters, importers, and distributors) follow stringent guidelines including hygiene measures, safety measures, and ethical practices
Benefits of Achieving BRC Certification in India
- Promote best practices
- Improve supplier standards and consistency, and avoid product failure
- Eliminate multiple audits of food manufacturers
- Support retailer objectives at all levels of the manufacturing supply chain
- Provide concise information to assist with due diligence defense
BRC has become the internationally accepted standard across the food industry for excellence and can be essential in securing high-profile contracts where every aspect of the business is analyzed to ensure consistent quality. Whatever the size of your business, if you want to make sure that the food products are highly secured then this is the right place assist to Implement a system in your organization.
How to Apply for BRC Certificate in India
- Finalize the product for which you need to obtain certification like different products or same product with range to be certified
- Contact us with the completed Application form to discuss the details of certification.
- Submission of first documentation by manufacturer/trader (Based on Certification standard, including test certificates)
- Ensure that the documentation fulfills the compliance requirement.
- Audit the product to ensure the product meets the standard requirements.
- Submission of final documentation along with additional clarifications, if any.
- Final document evaluation and recommendation.
- Award of certification of Compliance.
Cost of BRC Certificate in India
Generally, the IAS fees for BRC certification in India are around pound$ 445. But the fees vary based on the number of sites, activities, or processes handled and the extent of services.
To know more
Click here to know more about What is BRC Certificate in India the detailed Product Certification Procedure
Kindly contact us to have a free discussion to know about what is BRC Certificate in India and which standard is applicable for your type of organization and cost of certification etc., or Request a quote now! firstname.lastname@example.org.