What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is a globally recognized standard that describes the requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework for an organization to follow in order to assure environmentally friendly business processes, rather than enforcing environmental performance standards.
ISO 14001 is a standard that helps organizations to maintain environmental standards. Organizations may also follow other standards in conjunction with this, such as ISO 9001 and/or ISO 45001 for safety in the workplace. This will help them in attaining good quality services.
ISO 14001 Certification for Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
ISO 14001 certification outlines “actual requirements for an environmental management system” that a company might need and verifies adherence to environmental regulations and standards. The Environmental Management System – EMS of the organization is audited by IAS against ISO 14001.The ISO 14001 certification demonstrates that an organization has implemented processes aimed at preventing or reducing negative environmental impacts, in line with the requirements set out in ISO 14001.
A company that has achieved ISO 14001 Certification has established systematic frameworks for business operations to manage and control environmental issues relating to products or services that customers use. Implementing an environmental management system (EMS) provides more clarity throughout the organization, assuring employees, customers, and other stakeholders that the company is committed to a safe working environment.
The ISO 14000 Family
The ISO 14000 family of standards addresses various features of the environmental management system. ISO 14000 families include:
- ISO 14001:2015 – (the previous version is ISO 14001:2004). It defines the requirements with guidance for implementing an EMS.
- ISO 14004:2016 – It provides general guidelines on principles, systems, and support techniques.
- ISO 14006:2011 – This standard has set out the guidelines for incorporating eco-design in business processes.
Benefits of Getting ISO 14001 Certification in India
A company with ISO 14001 certification in India enjoys certain benefits:
- Improve your company’s environmental performance
- Enhance your company’s reputation
- Attract new customers and business partners
- Reduce costs through improved resource efficiency
- Comply with environmental legislation
- Create a framework for continual improvement
- Demonstrate your commitment to sustainable development
PDCA Methodology – ISO 14001 Certification
The ISO 14001 Environmental Management System is based on the methodology of the PDCA (PLAN-DO-CHECK-ACT) cycle.
- Plan: Establish the goal and processes for achieving the company’s environmental policy.
- Do: Implement the procedures and processes defined by the EMS system.
- Check: Monitor and measure the implementation process.
- Act: Take action on the reported results that implemented process has met the EMS requirements which tend to maintain and continually improve EMS.
Who Can Apply for ISO 14001 Certification in India?
ISO 14000 certification can be adopted by any organization that wishes to build, upgrade, or maintain an environmental management system following its defined environmental policy and regulations. The standard can be incorporated into any environmental management system to varying degrees, depending on the organization’s business, environmental policy, product and service offers, and geographic location.
All organizations, regardless of their size, location, industry, or sector, can acquire ISO 14001 certification.
Get ISO 14001 Certification in India through Remote Audits
Integrated Assessment Services brings innovative techniques to perform the ISO 14001 certification audit remotely. The remote audit is the same as the on-site audit, but the verification of documents and collection of related audit evidence will be done online using the latest technologies.
Partner with IAS to get ISO 14001 Certification in India
If you have decided to achieve ISO 14001 certification in India, then approach IAS. As a leading ISO 14001 Certification body in India, IAS helps organizations to ensure the effectiveness of the ISO 14001 environmental management system by performing the conformity assessment with standard experts who are experienced auditors in performing audits and providing the certification. Apart from management system certification, IAS also offers product certifications against numerous certification schemes such as CE Marking, GOST-R, Green, and more.